Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Soleil's Fun Weekend at the Agility Trial


I am sorry I have not posted in awhile. I just want to update everyone on Soleil's condition.

She is doing GREAT!!! She is very active is playing like she is a 2 year old again.

I entered Soleil in an agility trial that was held September 12 & 13. She was entered in 2 runs a day. Three of the four runs were beautiful, but the jumpers run on Saturday, Soleil's handler (me) totally screwed up the run for her. She didn't seem to mind because she was out there doing agility and having a blast.

The first run was a Standard run. The run was perfect except she came to the table with a little too much speed and slid off it. This is a problem we have been having since I jump her at the lower jump height now. The table for 20" dogs is six inches shorter than the table for the 24" dogs. So Soleil jumps up thinking she has to jump an extra 6 inches and overshoots the table. The rest of the run was perfect.

The jumpers run on Saturday was a total disaster. I got stuck behind the wing of jump number 3 and ended up sending her all over the place in the wrong direction. Poor Soleil. She tries so hard to do it right, but sometimes her handler doesn't get in the right place at the right time or doesn't give her the right information she needs to run the course correctly. If she had a better handler, she would do so much better.

Sunday's Standard run was another beautiful run with one tiny little mistake. I pulled away from the weave poles too soon and caused her to pop out at the 10th pole instead of completing all 12 poles. I didn't even see it and I thought she qualified until I saw the scribe sheet. Then someone told me she didn't finish the weave poles. It was a beautiful run and she had fun. That's what counts.

Sunday's jumpers run was another beautiful run. No table to worry about in jumpers, and I didn't pull her out of the weave poles this time, so she qualified and earned her Excellent Jumpers Preferred title (AJP).

She had a blast and it was so nice to be out there with her again. She really loves doing agility. I am just happy to be able to go to the start line with her. I don't really care how she does, just as long as she is having fun.

Someone took videos of the runs for me. He said he will send them to me, but I haven't received them yet. I was waiting for the videos before posting this, but I don't know when I'll be getting the videos, and I started to get emails from people asking about Soleil, so I figured I better update people. I will post the videos once I receive them.

Soleil has a check up at NEVOG on Thursday. This will be the first time we will go when we are not scheduled to receive chemo!!! YEAH!!!

I will post the results of her visit later this week.

Again (I just can't say it enough), THANK YOU to everyone for making this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment