Thursday, August 27, 2009

YAHOO!!! We are done!


Well, today I had very mixed news. We went for our last appointment at NEVOG today. YAHOO! When Soleil's bloodwork came back, many of her counts were very low. They were too low to have the Vinblastine chemo treatment. I was not pleased to hear that. Her counts have been low before, but never low enough that she could not have a treatment. But, the Dr. said it was not a problem, that it is not uncommon for this to happen. We were sent home with the Cytoxin, which we will start next week. She will get one pill a day for 5 days. That will be her LAST chemo!

So while I am thrilled that we are almost finally done with the 18 week series, and we had our very last "treatment" visit to NEVOG, I am disappointed her blood counts were so low. She has an appointment in a month for a check up. We will see how things look then. Her bloodwork should be much better because she will have been off of chemo for 3 weeks.



3 comments:

  1. We will all hope for the best!! Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope for the best. My friend Claudine Pujo contributed to help gather some funds for Soleil. I really hope that helped. So Brook du Perouet and I wish you and Soleil all the very best! Keep us informed on how she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It it were not for the kindhearted generosity of so many people, I really think Soleil would not be alive today. I can't thank everyone enough for all the support, both moral and financial I have received. While the cost has still taken a toll on me, it is nothing compared to what it would have been without all the help I have received.

    A very BIG THANK YOU to ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete