Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 1 of Cytoxin


Soleil has been doing great all week. No setbacks at all. She is running around playing with the puppy. I was contacted and interviewed by a reporter from a local paper a couple weeks ago. She called me again yesterday and told me the article she wrote for the paper is going to be printed this week. So, Soleil will be famous in our little town.

I start giving Soleil the Cytoxin today. I give it to her when I feed her in the evening. There are five pills total and I give her one pill a day until they are gone. I can't touch the pills with my bare hands, so I have to wear hospital gloves when I give her the pills because the chemo is absorbed right through the skin. The last two times she has had the Cytoxin, she has gotten just a tiny bit of an upset stomach on the third day. I will watch for it to see if she has the same problem this time. I have given her one Reglan (metoclopramide) pill to settle her stomach and then she has been fine after that. I may just give her the Reglan for her stomach in advance on the third day this time to see if that helps. The chemo has never affected her appetite. The only chemo drug we had a problem with was the Vincristine she got on the second week of treatment. That made her very sick. I'm glad she doesn't get that anymore.

This is week 11. Only 7 more weeks to go!!! We are over half way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment