Friday, July 10, 2009

Agility in the Rain


That seems to be all we have here lately, rain, rain, and more rain. I worked Mickey in agility yesterday and brought Soleil along so she could have a little fun. It was wet and very slippery, and Soleil, being the high drive dog that she is when it comes to agility, only knows one speed - fast. So I ended up putting her away because I couldn't slow her down enough where I felt it would be safe for her. I didn't want her getting hurt. She wasn't happy about that!

Mickey on the other hand was much more careful and did great. It was his first time training in the rain, so I was really surprised at how well he did.

Also took the dogs to the chiropractor today to get adjusted. There is a wonderful chiropractor close by that adjusts animals for free. He wants the animals to live long and healthy lives. My dogs have been going to him for many years now. Soleil has been seeing Dr. Peter since she was a little pup, and now Mickey is going too. I think keeping them in alignment really helps extend their agility careers.

Today is day 3 of the Cytoxin. So far, so good. No problems at all from the chemo. She doesn't go back to the vets until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment