Friday, July 17, 2009

Another NEVOG visit


Soleil had another chemo treatment today. We got an excellent report at the vet's. Soleil's blood work was a lot better this week. Two weeks ago her white cell count was on the low end but today it was back up in the normal range. There was a couple other counts that were low two weeks ago but are all back up in the normal range this week. So she was good to go for the chemo today.

She had Adriamycin today which means we have next week off with no vet visits and no chemo treatments - YEAH!!! She has an appointment in two weeks and if everything checks out okay, she will get Vinblastine again in two weeks.

She has become a favorite patient of a couple of the vet techs. She gets spoiled with cookies for every little thing they do to her. They draw blood, she gets cookies. The vet examines her, she gets more cookies. They give her the chemo - yes - more cookies! She gets all excited every time someone finishes with her because she knows she is going to get more cookies!

Yes, she is my spoiled little girl, but she is so well behaved, she really makes me proud. She is very tolerant of anything they do to her and doesn't put up a fuss at all. She is even excellent about taking the Cytoxin pills. Like I have said before, and I'll say it again, she is about as close as you can get to a perfect dog. There isn't one thing about her that I would change if I had the chance. She is so precious to me. Again I have to thank everyone for all the support and prayers you have sent Soleil's way.

1 comment: